Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Paintings & Photographs

Around this time last year, I decided to take up acrylic painting. I am a devoted lover of the arts, and thought that I would try my own hand at it. And I gave it a good try. But alas, as fun and therapeutic as it was (as it is) I believe that I just don't posses the talent to continue. I also feel as if I lack the creativity to come up with anything worth painting. As you can see, I tend to lean towards the abstract images.  Here are a few examples of what I had created...

In an earlier posting I had mentioned how I have always wanted to do photography. And since I am unable to afford the type of camera that I want, I use apps on my phone to transform the simplest things into something stunning! I have found that with my simple little point and shot camera, and my phone, the inspiration is already there! I don't need to sit down and think about what to paint. There are so many beautiful, simple, elegant things surrounding me that I can capture! There is something a little...easier, about taking a photo. Something a little more peaceful. I have found myself truly addicted! Here are some current examples...



So until I am able to afford one of those super fancy, super expensive cameras that I want (so bad), I will be using the tools that I have. As unfavorable as they are, with their extremely poor quality, I will use what I have. That's what I do. It's what I've always done. Instead of buying myself what I want to pursue a passion that I have always dreamt of, I will buy my daughter Christmas presents! And I will continue to bury my 'wants' into the back corner of my mind. So for those of you who may think that I am 'silly' because I am using my camera phone, please don't laugh out loud! I am already laughing at myself! But above all, I am trying... 












1 comment:

  1. Very nice Linds! Looks like you are having a really good time with it!

    ReplyDelete