Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Confessions of a Guilty Wife

Last week I posted my confessions of being a guilty Momma..today, it is all about the "Wife Guilt".
For those of you who have a spouse, companion or significant-other, you will know all about this! You don't have to be married to be in Love. Nor do you need to be of the same sex. Love who you want, when you want, and how you want:: just LOVE!

I know that I am FAR from being the "Perfect Wife", and I definitely have my moments of selfishness. There will always be this part of me that wants to be the wife who makes dinner EVERY night, keeps up with the laundry, packs the perfect lunch every morning, makes breakfast on the weekends, makes the bed every morning, etc...but let's face it. Life catches up with us, and we just don't have the time! At least I know I don't! I mean, come on, what man wouldn't want a wife that does this::
I think I do my best to let the Hubby go "play" with his friends whenever he wants, and I let him have his hobbies and his free time. And for the most part, I don't complain (cue the moments of selfishness). But I'll be the first to admit it: I want my free time too! Now don't get me wrong, I do get my free time! But I sometimes I just want more...(cue the moments of selfishness).
And for the most part, we would both much rather be home with each other and Emma, then out and about. Especially because we don't get to see each other all that much. Balancing our free time between the long hours at work, a kid, and life in general, can get pretty complicated at times! But we always manage to make it work. And the fact that we call each other throughout the day helps, too (You gotta love modern technology for providing us with the Cell Phone & Text Message)!
But it all comes down to this - at the end of the day, it all comes full circle. We all end up at the same place: Home.

3 comments:

  1. I am the wife that makes dinner every night, i pack his lunch and do his laundry.. and i'll tell ya. I'M EFFIN TIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL XOX keep up the good work! You're a great mama & wifey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a wife like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I think we all feel like we could sometimes do more or be more. You aren't alone in feeling like that. Just keep trying. That's all you can do.

    ReplyDelete