Monday, May 23, 2011

It's All About the Learning!

In my last post I had mentioned that I had a busy weekend planned. And it was! It was a lot of fun, though! 

On Saturday I attended a KILLER workshop entitled "Capturing True Emotion", hosted by Val Westover and Stephanie Adriana. They are both {amazing} professional photographers, and I love their work! The fact that they were both extremely nice and friendly people helped, too! They went over all the basic elements of digital photography, and it was SO informative! It was held at the Museum of Flight in Seattle, and was an all-day course. 

It began with the workshop portion, which started at 8am and went until 12:30. Then there was a lunch break, and we met up for the Safari portion of the day. We went outside, and put to use everything that we had just talked about that morning. They were both there to guide us if any of us needed help, or to answer questions. This went until 5pm that evening. 
Overall, I loved the experience and am SO glad that I did this!

Then on Sunday I had a one-on-one mentoring session with the extremely gifted, and talented, Lindsay Porter. You MUST check her out at
Lindsay Porter Photography!
She is the sweetest person! She helped me to understand some things, and answered a lot of questions. And I cannot WAIT to learn more from her this summer!

I had some photos that I wanted to post, but blogger is not letting my upload them for some reason...perhaps I will share them on a later date!
Hope your week is a Great one!



2 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you gals had fun! Lynn really is a talented girl! I think its wonderful that she is giving you pointers. Its nice to bounce ideas off other people with the same interest. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that the groupon one? Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete