Sunday, May 8, 2011

Manifesto For My Mom

Today I am feeling the need to dedicate this post to all the Mama's out there. Call it cliche, but come on! It is one of the hardest jobs in the world. And we do it gladly for FREE! 
But more than anything, I want to thank my Mom. For absolutely everything that she has ever done, and sacrificed, for me. As a single parent she had to face certain struggles that other parents did not, and has given up so much. And as an only child, I witnessed the toll it took. She did all of these things Graciously, Selflessly, and for me. And knowing now, what I wish I would have known then, there just isn't enough words to Thank her.

She has always been my biggest fan, my best friend, and my biggest support system. I have had people tell me that they are envious of the relationship that the two of us have. And I am truly Grateful and Blessed to have had such a wonderful, open-minded, goal-oriented, strong, powerful women to have raised me. 

I can only HOPE that I turn out to be half of the Mother mine was, and is, to me!
Mom as a kiddo

Mom and I as a baby
Mom and I circa 1990's
Mom and I July 2010

Thanks Mom, I Love you Forever!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you know how great your momma is. I wish I had the kind of mother that you have, but I will say that I am so glad that you have her. You are right, she is a wonderful, beautiful, supportive, nonjudgemental gal. Not only is she the greatest mother but she is the BEST grammie ever! I heart you Darcie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. Your mom really is amazing and she's always put your first. You're a pretty amazing mom yourself. I'm happy to consider BOTH of you as part of my family too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet tribute. I feel the same way about my mom.

    ReplyDelete