Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Working hard, or Hardly working?

I still cannot believe that I have been so blessed to be able to stay home with Em these past 15 months. If it were not for my Amazing husband, I'm pretty sure this would not be happening! Although, since becoming home owners (yay!) we need a little extra income...which lead to me branching out to find a baby to watch during the week days.


For the past month or so I have started watching (or Nannying if you will!) the most precious little 5 month old baby girl. My original schedule was Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, but since our move, they were incredibly generous to be flexible with their schedules, and mine. Now I will be at their house Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays so that I do not have to drive to Renton 5 days per week.
Since Em's preschool is in Renton on Tuesdays and Thursdays, my days are packed! Phew! So now instead of 5 days a week, I am only driving here 3 days. I am so grateful for their flexibility!


Last night I mentioned to Howard that I had to go to work in the morning. He kind of chuckled, and said "That sounds weird"! I agree, after not working for awhile, it does sound strange to say that again...but at the same time, I still feel weird about NOT going to the regualr dental office job that I am used to. In some ways, I feel guilty about it!


Now I know that this is ridiculous, but I can't help thinking (in the back of my mind) that I should still be working that "regular" job that I am used to. This is not to say that I enjoyed working full-time, 6:30am-5:30pm 4 days a week, even a little bit! But jeez, talk about bitter-sweet feelings!


Needless to say, I am extremely gratefull for my hard-working husband who does everything in his power to provide the best for his Girls! And for the awesome family that is trusting me with their most prized possesion-their daughter! Thank You!
XoXo

1 comment:

  1. Jodi StrittmatterNovember 09, 2010

    Firstly, LOVE that you are doing a blog!
    2nd, Thanks for the honorable mention yesterday!
    3rd, Its great P's parents let you switch your schedule around, and that Howard is supportive of you not having the 9-5, because that gives you more time to hang with your friends!!

    ReplyDelete