Recently, I have been reminded of a few things. These are simple things that I had begun to take for granted. Pretty sad what slips your mind when you get busy.
Even though I may only have one child, as opposed to all my friends who have two or more, she is quit the handful! In fact, a very close friend of mine who has two children once told me, that Em is the equivalent of two children! When she told me this, I breathed a sigh of relief. To me, that was recognition that I have indeed not failed.
No matter how many children you have, you can not deny the fact that in the back of your mind you are always thinking that you can do better. That you should do better. So I decided to make this list! A list of positive thoughts, and reinforcements for myself. Just as a simple reminder that being a parent is the hardest job in the world, but it holds the greatest rewards! So here it is;
1) No one calls you by your first name anymore. Now you’re simply known as someone’s Mom or Dad.
2) You’ve ran all your errands before 11 a.m.
3) When sleeping in means 6:00 am.
4) You wipe anyone’s mouth other than yours.
5) Your food is suddenly cut into different shapes.
6) You're out to dinner with your husband when he spills some food on his shirt, and you reach for the baby wipes in your purse.
7) You spend more time playing hairdressers and dump-trucks than you spend eating and sleeping.
8) A threesome means you, your lover and a toddler in the bed.
9) You never thought you could feel so much sympathy for your own mother!
10) You find yourself singing the Disney theme songs in the shower.
11) The last 5 movies you've seen were all rated G.
12) When your clothes are covered in baby goo and you do not care.
13) You're trying to bargain for 10 minutes alone in the bathroom.
14) When you find toys in your laundry hamper.
15) You find yourself multi-tasking, more than you thought was humanly possible.
16) You never thought you could tune out screaming.
17) You remember why Halloween and Christmas were so much fun as a child.
18) There is no way that you can NOT look at children's clothes in the stores.
19) You have finally realized what True Love is.
20) Realizing that you would not change any of these things for all the money in the world!