Friday, December 3, 2010

Flashback Friday

Okay, so I am stealing this title from another blog. What can I say, I am original?! Not to mention that my idea for this post comes from Facebook. But I gotta get inspiration from somewhere, right? Right!
Well, I saw this posting today: "Change your facebook profile picture to a cartoon from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same. Until Monday (Dec. 6), there should be no human faces on Facebook, but an invasion of memories. This is in protest for violence against children. Please spread the word! STAND UP AGAINST CHILD ABUSE and all other forms of violence." So I did. I changed my picture to this -


Being a child of the 1980's, I saw this and couldn't resist! I totally remember this cartoon, but had forgotten all about it. And not to mention, yesterday I think I may have gotten my kid hooked on one of my all time favorite movies - "Labyrinth" (circa 1986)! She has been watching it repeatedly! Can't say that I mind...





I have noticed that some cartoons and characters from my childhood have been coming back as well. With somewhat of a make-over, of course! For instance - Strawberry Shortcake (which Emma loves). Here she was then -

And here she is now -





I could make a list that goes on for days! Who doesn't remember Heathcliff, Rainbow Bright, He Man, She Ra, Duck Tales, Fraggle Rock, Thunder Cats, T.M.N.T., The Smurfs, and so on! What memories those silly little shows hold for me!
Why not Flash Back every once and awhile, and remember the FUN of your youth! The pure JOY of being a child again! I know I miss it...don't you?!



1 comment:

  1. LOVE Jem! I had the dolls & her rockstage as well. good times! LOL

    ReplyDelete