Thursday, August 25, 2011

Blah, Blah, Blah!

I am feeling taped out. No inspiration. As if everything has already been done by somebody else. Be it photography, writing, decorating, clothing, etc...I feel as if I have run out of ideas, and that is NO GOOD! 
 
I guess the fact that the business I have been trying to start seems to be falling flat on it's face. Perhaps it is due to the fact that I waited 10 years too long to dive into what I have always wanted to do, and now there are 'photographers' on every street corner. Maybe it is because other professionals see me as a hobbyist, who is stepping on toes, rather than a newbie who is honestly doing everything I can. Who knows? Not me, that's for sure. What can I say...I tried? 
 
Granted, I will not give up. That is not what I do. I am a fighter, in all situations. To take a quote from a great Incubus song; "If not now, when...?"
That tends to be my theory as of late. A sort of motto, one could say.

Perhaps all I need is a good, strong dose of Inspiration. With a side of confidence, and shot of patience. I am doing my best to be all of these, but let's just say that it's not always that easy. Oh what I would give for a real-life mentor! Let me rephrase - a FREE real-life mentor! People sure know what to charge just to speak! I just want to sit down and pick a photographers brain. On business, creativity, ideas, things like that. 
 
But all is good! I will keep on truckin'.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way sometime and then I tell myself "people don't stop opening coffee shops just because there are 5 starbucks in their town". Then I get on Pinterest and procrastinate. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there girl, remember it is NOT important how other photographers see you. What makes them such experts that they label you as a "hobbyist"? Send them my way, I'll label them something right in their face ;) Seriously though, you are doing fine, great things take time and you have a great thing going. If there is anything that I can do, just let me know. I am always here to support you, because I totally believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you. It's so hard to get started in something when you don't have all the resources and information! And you are right, there are photographers everywhere (at least in WA), so it makes it hard to compete and market yourself. But you will figure something out! Just take it slow. Don't put pressure on yourself to be 100% successful this minute. It takes some people years to get off the ground. Just be patient...I know...it sucks. :)

    ReplyDelete