Sunday, September 11, 2011

REMEMBER TO NEVER FORGET.

On a day such as today, it seems almost silly to write about anything else. In fact, it almost doesn't feel right to think about anything else: 9/11/2001.

It feels so strange typing in the year 2001. After all, it was ten years ago. These past 10 years have flown by, literally in the blink of an eye. But every year since, on this day, I along with so many others stop and pause to Remember all of those whom we have lost. Not only during the attacks that forever changed our Nation, our History, and MY Generation, but for all of whom we have lost during this never-ending war. 

I do not know how to Thank these people enough. I wish there was something, on a more personal level, that I could do to display my Appreciation and Thanks. But for now, this is it. For today, this is my Thank You letter....


The past week or so, I have been watching a lot of documentaries on that fateful day. And it always gets my thinking. Thinking about where I was when I heard the news. How I felt, and how I still feel about it all. The emotion that it brings up, even though I have not been personally effected {meaning I did not know anyone in the towers, planes, and so on}. We all know of people who have been to the War and back. And unfortunately, there is such a large number of those who have not.

The attacks have not only effected the victims, survivors, witnesses, emergency and medical workers, and soldiers. It has effected, and will continuously effect, the lives of Military families.  
Take a moment to think of all that they go through on a daily basis. 
For me, that puts everything into perspective. 

 {9/11 crew 2001}

{Iwo Jima 1945}

The date of these attacks just so happens to be the same year that I graduated high school, and believe it or not, I know many people who have their birthday on this day. Which in a way, is a miracle! They get to Celebrate their lives on the same day that they, and our Country, get to Celebrate the lives and Courage of all those who died that day. So in short - this date will always be significant.
I will always REMEMBER TO NEVER FORGET.


1 comment: