Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Happiest Place on Earth!

So we finally did it...We bit the bullet and booked our trip to Disneyland! 
 
{I could most definitely use a visit to the happiest place on earth!}
 
We are pretty excited, to say the least! I feel like a little kid myself all over again, and cannot wait to see the look on Emma's face when she gets to see the Princesses {and other characters} up close and personal! To see that sparkle in her eyes, that I know will be there, is going to be absolutely priceless! 
Especially since this will more than likely be a once-every-ten-years type of thing! 
 
The best parts about this trip, are that #1 - we will be there over Mother's Day weekend, and #2 - we will be going with two of Em's best friends from school, and their families, and #3 - this will be our first {official} family vacation! We will all be staying at the same hotel, taking the same flights, and meeting up sporadically during the trip. I have no DOUBT this is going to be a blast! 
 
We are going to officially tell Em on Christmas, which means we will be having a Disney-themed Holiday in our home! Her gifts will mainly consist of things she can take on the trip, such as toys, dress up outfits, PJ's, books, gift cards, etc...Also, since we don't travel that much, this will be her very first time in an airplane! So that should be interesting...to say the least! 

Anywho, I just had to share this exciting news because we have been talking about it for awhile, and finally decided to just do it! The initial shock of the bill is still sinking in for me, but I'll get over it! 
 
This just means that I now have an excuse to go check out the new Disney store at Bellevue Square!


4 comments:

  1. I am SO thrilled for you guys!!! You deserve this more than anyone I know! I only wish I could be there to see Ems face! This aunty expects to be FLOODED with pictures while you are there :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN! I can't wait to hear how she reacts when you tell her on Christmas. You should videotape it. You guys definitely deserve this vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh yay!!! You all are going to have so much fun! Emma will be doing carwheels when she finds out! I am a grown adult and I freakin' love Disney!! My hubby and I went to Disney world together (without Bennett) in June it was a blast! I can't wait to take B there in a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all will have a fabulous time. Glad you are splurging my friend.

    ReplyDelete