Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Em 7.0

Seven years ago today, our lives changed forever. 
In the best {and hardest} way possible: we became Parents.

Our biggest little, Emma turned seven years old at 12:08am this morning!
I cannot believe how incredibly FAST the years have flown by!
Before she was born, people would tell me that time would go by fast, and to cherish every moment because they are so fleeting. And oh yes, how they have been!
 
Just born
 
Sitting here thinking, I can remember every moment:
When I found out I was pregnant, the first time we saw her on an ultrasound, when we found out she was a girl, the moment she was born. 
I remember rocking her to sleep, singing her lullabies, and those first late nights that we never thought we would make it through. But we did! 
I remember how hard it was to go back to work and leave her behind, and I remember my first Mother's Day and how precious it was to me. 
I remember her first steps and her first words.
I remember her first birthday, and every birthday since. 
I remember when she started preschool.
I remember when she graduated Pre-K, and started Kindergarten. 
I remember the magic in her eyes when we took her to Disneyland.
And I remember when she became a Big Sister. 

One month old

First birthday
2 years old
First day of preschool - 3 years old
Pre-K - 4 years old
Kindergarten - 5 years
1st grade - 6 years
I remember every. single. moment. 
The good, the bad, the ugly, and the beautiful!
And let me tell you, she really is Beautiful. Inside and out. 
I know that I am biased, but it is undeniable. 
While she may have her moments, as does every child, the good far outweighs the bad.
 
I can only imagine how much of a mess I will be when she reaches all her older milestones, if I am this gushy about her turning seven!
 
 
This is my HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my forever-baby girl! 
Mommy & Daddy love you to the Moon and Back, Forever & Ever!
XoXo
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment